Layout and Design Copyright © 2002 by Thom LaCosta
- All teams consist of four players.
- Referee flips a coin, winner of flip decides color of ball, and which team goes first.
- First team to reach 12 points wins.
- No substitutions, once the game begins, you must finish with your original four players or forfelt.
- Teams with the same sponsor are not to compete against each other on 1st. round ONLY.
RULES OF PLAY
- Two members of each team, play at opposite ends of the field for the full game.
- Each team member must throw two balls when play is on their side.
- The PALLINO must stop between the centerline and the line closest to the far baseboard.
- Throw lines:
1st line - Lagline; ball thrown.
2nd line - Spada; ball thrown fast.
3rd line - air bourne ball; ball must travel past the center line in the air.
- Players must not follow the bocce down the field after the toss. They must stay within the designated toss area. ONE WARNING ONLY.
- After one warning per game for any rule violation, a team will forfeit the game at the referee's discretion.
- After the referee calls a point, a team will have one minute to throw the next boccia or their boccia will be declared dead.
- Coaching will not be permitted by players standing in field by the far baseboard. ONE WARNING ONLY.
- Banking is allowed.
- Bocce hitting the far base board without hitting another boccia or that does not travel halfway on the field, are considered dead and will be removed from the field.
- The referee is responsible for all measurements determining points awarded and making the points.
- The referee has the authority to disquaiify any team that ignores the rules.
- The referee's word is final.
- When a team is called, they have 10 minutes to get on the court, otherwise they forfeit the game.
All Rights Reserved